Therapy Director for KIPP & YES Prep
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Assist with the management of daily activities and provide assistance with direct supervision of therapist direct reports.
- Assist with the management of duties associated with case consultation, ongoing staffing meetings, concerns, emergencies, and crises.
- Assist with monitoring documentation for compliance with necessary documentation requirements (including being completed within the time frame noted in Legacy policy).
- Assist with monitoring productivity to ensure goals are being met.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Behavioral Health policies and procedures.
- Assist with quarterly chart reviews.
- Ensure that therapists are multidimensional and collectively cover all major evidence based practices of therapy, including but not limited to: play therapy, CBT, DBT, psychodynamic therapy, family therapy and group therapy.
- Address any ethical violations or concerns with Therapy Director and staff, as needed.
- Assist with the provision of clinical supervision as needed and/or when appropriate.
- Attend all mandatory Behavioral Health meetings
- Assist with strengthening, coordinating, and expanding groups at all clinic sites.
- Assist with the assurance of tasks, such as chart audits, observations, case reviews, etc. are completed per agency guidelines in a timely fashion.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new therapists
- Assist with training and on-boarding new therapists and providing ongoing support as it related to documentation
- Assist with evaluations of therapists, as needed, as per Legacy policy
- Provide coverage for Director of Therapy Services when out due to absenteeism
- Assist with representing Legacy in the community and at community events.
- Assist in the planning of Behavioral Health related events.
- Maintain open lines of communication with Therapy Director.
- Provide direct patient care: psychotherapy for children and/or adults
- Other job duties as assigned by the Director of Therapy Services and Medical Director of Behavioral Health.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a team to facilitate the department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, specific job–related hazards.
- Attends all required safety education programs.
- Operates assigned equipment and performs all procedures in a safe manner as instructed.
- Maintains work area and equipment in condition required by Legacy standards.
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions.
- Checks on the patient’s environment and equipment to insure safety. Reports safety concerns promptly to appropriate personnel.
- Follows Legacy’s exposure control plans/blood borne and airborne pathogens.
- Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures and correct use of protective barrier equipment (Universal Precautions).
- Assures a safe environment by instituting appropriate control measures.
- Attends annual education program
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Training Requirements
- Must have a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the social or behavioral sciences.
- Must have a current Texas license (LCSW, LPC and/or LMFT) and be in good standing with their credentialing board.
- Must maintain first aid /CPR certifications.
- Previous management/supervision experience preferred.
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
- Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Driving healthy change in our communities.