This job is no longer accepting applications.
Under the supervision of the Integrated Health Services Clinical Manager, the Social Worker is responsible for providing assessment and evaluation services to families with children entering protective custody. Additionally, conducts clinical assessment, administers appropriate instruments, and completes Psychosocial Assessment Report.
- Conducts Psychosocial Assessment. (Including Parent Child Bonding Assessment-PCBA).
- Writes assessments reports promptly, providing recommendations for treatment/services for families.
- Completes all agency forms, documentation in EVOLV, paperwork and uploads all documentation appropriately in the case record in EVOLV.
- Provides information to Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) and other approved clinicians/professionals under the rules for confidentiality regarding Family/Child information.
- Provides professional testimony in court regarding the evaluation when subpoenaed.
- Maintains current licensure as required by Professional Standards.
- Participates as a team member in all clinical services staff collaborations and performs special tasks and assignments as requested.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Counseling, Anthropology, Criminology or Education.
- Two (2) years of experience working with children, adolescents, and families.
- Training and experience using a personal computer with a variety of software such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Case Management Software.
- Valid Driver's License, reliable transportation, and auto liability insurance.
- Working knowledge of issues related to the care and treatment of children who have experienced child abuse, neglect, or other forms of child maltreatment/trauma.
- Knowledge of standardized assessment tool (AAPI-2).
- Knowledge of family systems, addictive behaviors, child development and child welfare.
- Possess skills to function as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to engage involuntary clients in a professional and effective.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Follows written and oral instructions.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and self-motivated.
- Must interact with all levels of staff.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Works with limited supervision and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Interacts and maintains professional working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Exercises flexibility, tact, and diplomacy.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- 6300 Chimney Rock, Houston. TX 77081
- Monday -- Friday 8:00 am.- 5:00 pm. (Weekends if necessary)
- $3,877.47 - $4,406.13
- Based on 26-Pay Periods
- Plus, Mileage Reimbursement
$3,877.47 - $4,406.13 Monthly
Harris County Resources for Children and Adults
Max Number of Applicants
7/14/2021 11:59 PM Central
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Keeping residents and our community healthy & safe!