Administration Manager (closing 7.9.21)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Performs substantially complex and varied administrative functions in the direction and coordination of programs and procedures within the Bureau of Community and Children's Environmental Health Division.
Department: Houston Health Department
Section: Bureau of Community and Children's Environmental Health
Reporting Location: 8000 North Stadium Drive, Houston, TX 77054
Workdays & Hours: M-F, 8AM - 5PM
- Directs and manages the work Staff Analyst ,Community involvement Coordinators and Public Health Educators within the program. Sets work priorities and evaluates outcomes in line with program goals.
- Manages major program function; establishes goals and evaluates section performance, develops, and evaluates subordinates, develops, and manages budget.
- Directs and reviews the development, implementation, and maintenance of specific projects and/or policies.
- Designs, implements, and manages programs, including evaluation of program performance and quality assurance of databases.
- Actively monitors data sources related to asthma -related activities.
- Represents the Health Department at meetings in local, state, and national settings.
- Oversees integration and program evaluation activities.
- Recruits, hires, and evaluates the performance of subordinates. Provides training and professional development of staff subordinates.
- Coordinates special projects, including planning, research, presentations, promotions and evaluation.
There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Political Science, Psychology or a closely related field.
Six years of pertinent, progressive professional experience in personnel, administration, accounting or a closely related field are required.
A Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a field closely related to the work being performed may be substituted for two years of experience.
Directly related professional experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or closely related field
- Knowledge and experience working on projects or research related to asthma or environmental health
- Public Health experience
- Grant Writing experience
- Partnership Development Experience
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
None. However, the Department may administer a skills assessment test.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION: YES
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if candidate is promoted into this position, he/she must pass an assigned drug test.
GRANT FUNDED POSITION
Grants & Special funded positions are dependent upon continued available funds. If funding is no longer available, employee may be laid off or transferred. Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Pay Grade 26
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 832-393-4889.
If you need special services or accommodations, call (832-393-4632). (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
EEO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We protect the "H".