Employment Casework Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Employment Casework Manager, Houston
- General Information
- Job Title:
- Employment Casework Manager
- 6300 Westpark, Ste. 600
- Houston, TX, 77057
- United States
- Base Pay:
- $36774.40 - $44129.28 / Year
- Employee Type:
- Full Time Exempt
- Job Category:
- Full Time
- Contact Information
- Joanne Pantaleon
- YMCA International Services is a unique branch of the Y of Greater Houston and seeks to meet the needs of Houston’s significant refugee and immigrant communities. We provide comprehensive programs that focus on building human assets and fostering self-sufficiency. As our Employment Services Case Manager you will, under limited direction, work with the rest of the Employment Services staff to assess the needs of newly enrolled refugees and implement an individualized Employment Services Plan (ESP) that allows them to integrate successfully into their new lives in Houston. Our ultimate Goal is to assist clients reach self-sufficiency utilizing program guidelines; foster and maintain collaborative relationships with clients and the community; and maintain proper data integrity.
- Duties /Responsibilities
- The Employment Services Case Manager primary responsibilities include:
- Process RCA and other client referrals within 24 hours of receipt.
- Assess clients’ eligibility for services per program guidelines.
- Recruit clients from the community.
- Conduct intakes to enroll clients into the program.
- Create, implement and follow up on individualized Employment Services Plan (ESP) for each client.
- Promptly document services provided in the client’s file, case notes and funder’s database.
- Systematically assess clients’ needs and provide suitable referrals for in–house or community support services and resources.
- Provide clients with job readiness and assist in all steps of job search.
- Track monthly compliance with program guidelines.
- Maintain case files, data entry and paperwork as required by funder.
- Create and submit accurate reports as requested by program director.
- Provide transportation, translation and interpretation as needed.
- Develop collaborations with community resources and employers.
- Complete airport pickup as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Report suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
- Follow mandated abuse and incident reporting requirements.
- Meet timelines and deadlines related to supporting systems and employee compliance. Example includes but are not limited to Kronos Workforce Ready for review and approval of time sheets.
- Annual Outcomes and Indicators
- Employment Case Managers (ECMs) are directly responsible for recruiting and enrolling 140 clients on average.
- ECMs are directly responsible for providing comprehensive service to an average caseload of 250 client per year.
- ECMs are responsible for 80% of clients being employed in FT jobs that offer benefits with an average wage of $11/hour.
- ECMs are responsible for follow-up of clients until they are employed for at least 90 days.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Bilingual in a refugee language required
- Familiarity with office procedures, devices and software
- Very good organizational, effective time management and multi-tasking skills
- Capable team player & collaborator
- Bachelor’s degree in field related to social services and/or relevant professional experience
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, automobile liability insurance, and a vehicle.
- Note: Positions are filled in response to current refugee arrivals and their language needs. As language needs change, this necessitates flexibility in our staffing.
- No phone calls please. You will be contacted to schedule an interview if you are considered a qualified candidate.
- The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Not a place. A purpose. We are more than buildings and programs. We exist to bring real change to issues affecting our neighbors.