Bilingual Case Manager (Spanish/English)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Bilingual Case Manager (Spanish/English), Houston
- General Information
- Job Title:
- Bilingual Case Manager (Spanish/English)
- 6300 Westpark, Ste. 600
- Houston, TX, 77057
- United States
- Base Pay:
- $36774.40 / Year
- Employee Type:
- Full Time Exempt
- Job Category:
- Full Time
- Minimum Experience:
- 2 Years
- Required Degree:
- 4 Year Degree
- Manage Others:
- Contact Information
- Delores Serrano
- YMCA International Services is a unique branch of the Y of Greater Houston and seeks to meet the needs of Houston’s significant refugee and immigrant communities. We provide comprehensive programs that focus on building human assets and fostering self-sufficiency. As a Case Manager on our team, you will play an integral role in helping refugees, asylees, Cuban border crossers, Special Immigrant Visa Holder’s and victims of human trafficking gain access to a wide range of social support services with the goal of becoming self-sufficient.
- Duties /Responsibilities
- The Case Manager (CM) will assess clients’ needs in relation to case management services that are not limited to office visits, community partner locations and home visits. CM will work with clients in establishing individualized service plans. Responsibilities include:
- · Completing applications for TANF/Food Stamps/Refugee Medical Assistance Program
- · Identify counseling and emergency services for clients in crisis
- · Create referrals to other social service providers for additional services, such as DARS, food bank, emergency shelter, and rental assistance
- · Provide translation, transportation and interpretation as needed to facilitate clients access to services
- · Maintain case files and other paperwork management as required by program
- · Updated data entry of services into the case notes and the refugee services database
- · Recruit and enroll clients in SAS services, assess their needs and create individualized needs assessments and services plan
- · Reception of clients at airport and transportation to client apartments as assigned
- · Report suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
- · Follow mandated abuse and incident reporting requirements.
- · Meet timelines and deadlines related to supporting systems and employee compliance. Example includes but are not limited to Kronos Workforce Ready for review and approval of time sheets.
- · Other duties as assigned
- Case Managers are directly responsible for approximately 150 clients per year and inputting client data into Client Track and case notes into the Refugee Management System (RMS) on a weekly basis.
- · Excellent written and verbal English communication skill including being comfortable speaking in public
- · Excellent customer service skills; conflict resolution skills preferred
- · Fluency in (spoken, written, and reading) Spanish required
- · Bachelor’s degree is required. Prefer Bachelor’s in social work or other social service field
- · 2-3 years relevant professional experience required
- · Valid driver’s license, exceptional driving record, automobile liability insurance, and a vehicle
- Reports To: Case Management Director
- Pay: $36,774.40 annual salary– Exempt position
- Office Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The YMCA of Greater Houston has outstanding benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and 1% retirement paid by our Association upon meeting eligibility requirements.
- The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Not a place. A purpose. We are more than buildings and programs. We exist to bring real change to issues affecting our neighbors.