Case Worker International
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Case Worker International, Houston
- General Information
- Job Title:
- Case Worker International
- 6300 Westpark Dr
- Ste 600
- Houston, TX, 77057
- United States
- Base Pay:
- $17.68 / Hour
- Employee Type:
- Full Time Non-Exempt
- Required Degree:
- 2 Year Degree
- Contact Information
- Asia Al Kakie
- YMCA International Services is a unique branch of the Y of Greater Houston and seeks to meet the needs of Houston’s significant refugee and immigrant communities. We provide comprehensive programs that focus on building human assets and fostering self-sufficiency. As a Case Manager on our team, you will play an integral role in helping community reduce the spread of COVID-19 and prevent widespread evictions. You will provide case management, navigation and housing stability services to assist persons affected by economic challenges as a result of COVID-19.
- Duties /Responsibilities
- · Assess the needs of families applying for Emergency Assistance.
- · Determine eligibility for services and/or referrals.
- · Rapidly serve low-to-moderate income individuals and families, below 80% AMI, in sustaining housing in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- · Helping clients with the use of technology.
- · Scanning and uploading forms.
- · Explaining over the phone or in person how to apply for funds associated with the Emergency Rental Assistance.
- · Conduct interviews with families and individuals requesting assistance and complete application in Connective database.
- · Provide assistance with distribution of housing and other direct assistance.
- · Maintain accurate case notes with records of contacts and outcomes.
- · Refer clients to wrap around services as needed, such as: free pantry assistance, medical assistance, and child care and connecting tenants/clients with the wrap around service providers.
- · Under supervision and guidance of the Program Director track outcomes using Excel spreadsheets on a daily basis.
- · In consultation with the Program Director, advocate for affected families by networking with community partners and becoming active and involved as opportunities become available.
- · Ensure that all administrative processes related to record-keeping, client information, funding and other administrative issues are done to the highest standards.
- Report suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
- Follow mandated abuse and incident reporting requirements.
- Meet timelines and deadlines related to supporting systems and employee compliance. Example includes but are not limited to Kronos Workforce Ready for review and approval of time sheets.
- · Other duties as assigned.
- Case Managers are directly responsible for assisting a minimum of 100-160 households per month.
- How to Apply: All applicants must apply online at https://www.ymcahouston.org/job-opportunities/. Position will be open until May 28, 2021. No phone calls please.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skill including being comfortable speaking in public.
- Excellent customer service skills; conflict resolution skills preferred.
- Fluency in (spoken, written, and reading) Spanish required.
- Degree or relevant professional experience.
- Valid driver’s license, exceptional driving record, automobile liability insurance, and a vehicle.
- Office hours are Monday – Friday; 8:30 am - 5 pm. Some evening and weekends required.
- The YMCA of Greater Houston has outstanding benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, long term disability, life insurance, paid holidays, and 12% retirement paid by our Association upon meeting eligibility requirements. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Not a place. A purpose. We are more than buildings and programs. We exist to bring real change to issues affecting our neighbors.